Friday, March 14, 2008

My Other Life

look-3-13-08

Even in Second Life I have more than one life! (well -- that is one of the points of SL, right?) Since I joined SL four months ago, I have had a soft spot in my heart for the communities of Caledon. I've been on their citizenship roles for some time, and am shortly to become a founding landowner of the new Caledon sim, Glengarry. To get ready for actually taking up residence on my tiny plot of land, I've been trying to acquire a few outfits that I enjoy, and will let me fit in comfortably into the Victorian Steampunk society. (The fashion parameters of Victorian Steampunk are still a bit vague to me -- but I'm going to keep working on that!) I was delighted to find this outfit at Layniewear's fire sale. Laynie has made the pieces of this outfit on a gazillion layers -- a little overwhelming at first, but guaranteed to be very useful! As soon as I got it on, I ran back to buy more colors.

And what could set off a steampunk look more than watchfaces?!? These pieces by Magika are absolutely wonderful! The hands on the watches move constantly, and just scream "time traveler".

Steampunk Outfit: Layniewear
Necklace and Watch: Magika
Earrings: Talisman
Skin: ::Tuli:: s5 light
Hair: ETD

No comments: