Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Shape/Skin Success!

I'm so excited -- finding the right shape, and deciding which way to go with a skin was a little harder than I imagined! There are a lot of choices, and most of them have good points and bad points. And, of course, budget can be an issue. But -- I've now acquired a basic shape [may play around with a little tweaking], and have committed to a skin. Purchases have been made, and I should be ready to debut a pic tomorrow!

This is really more exciting than I thought it would be. I kinda liked my freebie shape and skin, and was enjoying it -- but I always knew they were temporary. I feel that this will be a huge step in discovering my identity. Not to mention that it was a big accomplishment! From here I'll be able to move into hair and outfits, knowing that I'm building them around a stable being.

I read a great blog today (will post info on it later) that had some great advice. This lovely blogger said that when she started SL and her blog, she tried to build an outfit everyday, and visit an interesting place every day. This was how she learned about her world, and how to live in it. I think I'll shoot for something similar -- altho' probably can't do it every day!

The outfits are going to be challenging. I've collected almost every freebie I can find, and I determined to see if I can mix and match some great outfits from them. (or use them with purchased pieces). I'm determined to be somewhat thrifty now that I've splurged on shape and skin. I have a lot of sorting and trying on that I need to do! I've already acquired well over 2,000 items in my inventory!

Later,
Nissa

No comments: